With iCloud Photos, you can download a copy of your photos and videos on any device.
How to download content from the Photos app
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later:
- Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
- Select Download and Keep Originals.
On your Mac with OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 or later*:
- Open the Photos app.
- Choose Photos > Preferences > iCloud > Download Originals to this Mac.
Remember, when you delete a photo from iCloud Photo, it deletes from iCloud and is no longer available on any device — even if you turned on Download and Keep Originals or Download Originals to this Mac. Choosing to download your originals also impacts your device storage, so you might want to learn more about how to manage your storage. You can also learn how to AirDrop your content to another device.
* If you’re using a PC, you can set up iCloud for Windows and download your content from iCloud Photos.
How to download content from iCloud.com
- On iCloud.com, click Photos and select a photo or video. Hold the command key to select multiple photos or videos.
- Click and hold the download icon in the upper corner of the window. If you want to download your content as it was originally captured or imported, choose Unmodified Original. For JPEG or H.264 format — including edits, and even if it was orginally in HEIF or HEVC format — choose Most Compatible.
- Click Download.